Thursday, April 16, 2009

16 weeks, 4 days!

We had our 16 wk appt yesterday! It was much more low key than we had thought it was going to be. We only heard the heartbeat this time. Which was great by the way! My doctor was a bit concerned by my high blood pressure from previous appt's. I told her it was whitecoat hypertension for sure! But now for the 3rd time my bottom number was still high so she is happy that it's just how I am. Since I was very little, I always got nervous going to the doctor. I had a bad experience when I was 2 that I think scarred me for life. Ha! I'm trying to get over it, but apparently I'm not doing a good job at that.
We only had a few questions for the doctor which she happily answered. I was worried about being a back sleeper since all the books tell us I shouldn't be on my back after 16 wks. But the dr said that I could just put a wedge under me and I didn't have to be fully on my side! So good to know!
I've also been starting to get the dreaded heartburn. She assured us we can use any over the counter meds for that. Just not too excessively. I'm sure it's from all the fruit I've been eating. I can't get enough! But it's not bad enough to need to take anything yet. I'll just have tums on hand in case it does get bad.
So, despite what everyone thought, we did not find out the sex this time. I know Jenn and David were very anxious and even emailed me from Cabo twice to find out. Apparently they are shopping and needed to know! So we will patiently wait 4 more wks until May 13th when we have our next doctor's appt. I'm pretty ok with that since it won't change too much. It will be fun to find out at our half way point in the pregnancy! Keep things exciting!
Oh and, I'm pretty sure I've felt the baby move 3 times now. I first felt it yesterday and then last night at like 5am and then again today! Sort of a "thump/tap" feeling. No it wasn't gas! I can't wait for Steve to feel the baby too!

No comments: