Monday, June 8, 2009

6 months!

We are 6 months as of yesterday! Sorry no picture because I was super lazy and didn't take one. I'll take one soon. So all you get is an eggplant picture! Lots of the pregnancy books and online sources refer to your child as a particular fruit! It cracks me up. So this week our baby is supposedly the size of an eggplant! Interesting right?!!

This weekend we went to South Coast Plaza to do some serious maternity clothes shopping for me. Steve was super patient while the sales ladies brought, what seemed like the entire store, into my dressing room! They were hard core trying to sell me everything but I wasn't biting! I just wanted the basics to get me through the next 3 months. So I just got 3 pairs of pants (cargo/jeans/capris), 3 tops and 1 dress! We ended up getting it all at Destination Motherhood. They have pretty good prices if you stay away from their Pea In the Pod label! Steve was pushing this one top on me but I had to point out to him it was $88! Sorry, but that is so not worth it for something I'd wear for 3 months!

We also went to a concert this weekend to see a favorite band of Steve's, King's X. I'd only heard them a few times and they are on my "ok" music scale. I can tolerate them. The concert was held at the Galaxy in Costa Mesa. Steve made us reservations for dinner so we would have seats for sure. But then we found out that their would be 4 opening bands before Kings X. So that brought the time to 11:30pm! Way past our bed time! 3 out of the 4 bands were down right horrible!!!! But yet they still had some fans out there which made for some good people watching at least! Kings X was great once they finally came on but Steve and I were done at 12:15! I wasn't going to tell him to leave but I was SO happy when he wanted to leave first! They only had one more song to go and then the encore so we didn't miss much! All in all we had a great weekend!

No comments: