Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and the Queen Mary

Sunday was Steve's first Father's Day! I made a card for him with one of our sonogram picture's on it! I found an "I heart my Daddy" onsie at Carter's and put it in the watch box I'd gotten him! He loved it! He is obsessed with watches so now he has a place to put them all! But it looks like I need to get him more to fill it up!





Then we were off to the Queen Mary for brunch with Steve's mom, dad, sister, bro-in-law and nephew, Nicolas! We all had a great time but we were all exhausted after walking all over the ship!


Nicolas exploring the engine room!

Love these last two picture's! So cute!

When we got home I took a 2 hr nap. I guess I was tired. My feet didn't swell all day! So still trying to figure out why they swelled a bit during the week but not on the weekends! Sigh..! I'm just going to keep walking and taking my medicine and see what happens. Our doctor wants to see me again on Wed. to make sure my blood pressure is down and the medicine is working. I hope it's a postive visit!

Steve started summer school today! He has about 20 kids. Let's hope it stays that way! No kids=no work! These kids are labeled as the "troubled" kids who are in danger of failing. Steve is so great with these types of kids. Hopefully he can inspire them to learn to love english again and excel in school next year! He only gets 5 wks with them so we will see!

He sure inspired his past class! Almost every kid wrote in Steve's yearbook that they use to hate english but Steve made them love it! He really had a great group of kids this past year! I even bonded with a few of them! So we hope he gets a great group next year too!

No comments: