Saturday, June 25, 2011

Teacher-Dad Blog Post #2

Stephen here...

James Joyce once said "in the particular contains the universal". My daughter had a particular experience recently that has made me think about and ask universal questions.

Last Wednesday, Jocelyn and I were playing in the backyard before Kari came home. Jocelyn was bouncing back and forth between her scooter, swing, drawing easel, and her empty plastic pool.


I do not remember how it happened, but next thing I knew, we are by the hose and she turns it on.


Jocelyn loved it. She was not jumping up and down, giggling and all that. But she was completely captivated with the hose and water. This is not the first time she has played with the hose and water. She does that just about every weekend

You can read the rest of this post HERE or HERE.

No comments: