Wednesday, July 27, 2011

6 days shy of 22 months...

Sometimes I want to make sure I remember all the little "new" things Jocelyn starts to do. So I come here to write them down so she can look back on them someday!

Jocelyn started saying 3 words in a row about 2 wks ago now! It's always heart melting to hear her little voice speak! Steve and I find ourselves looking at each other more and more often thinking, did she really just say that!?

Some of her new phrases are:
"Jocelyn do that!"

"I do that"
"Here you go!"

"Oh I know!"
"I don't know!?"
"I need that!"
"Tank ew, Mommy!"
Tank ew, Daddy!"



Jocelyn has also started to love to sing! She started to sing a few weeks ago too! You can't make out each word but she gets the melody down pretty well to know what song she is singing!

Some of her favorites right now are:
"Ashes!?" Which means she wants to sing "Ring Around the Rosie". She really just likes the falling down part though!
"ABC" which she has now added a "D" and sometimes even an "E" to the singing of this song. We also hear the occasional "H" and T" and for sure always ends with "MEEE!!!" I'd say she sings this one the most!
Then there is "Head, Shoulder, Knees and Toes!" She LOVES doing the hand motions but always misses her shoulders! Heehee!
Sometimes she will sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" but she mostly likes to just hear that one!
We also still sing (or sometimes hum) "Silent Night" to her everynight before bed. She loves this song and her eyes get very heavy once it starts most nights!

Anytime someone sings or she hears a song she gets very excited, raises her eyebrows and either starts to dance or clap to the beat! It's of course the cutest thing ever!

Heartmelting moment of the week was when I had fixed Jocelyn's hair one morning and as she walked out she said, "Tank ew mommy!" Sigh....best.words.ever!
She now does it every morning and also when I make her breakfast and after I get her dressed!

More instragram picture's! Love the vintage look of them! They could be right out of the 70's!

No comments: